Search This Blog

Friday, July 22, 2011

50 Cent On New LP Delay, "I've Worked Longer On This Album Than Any Of My Other Projects



G-Unit leader 50 Cent recently acknowleged the multiple delays behind his follow-up to 2009's Before I Self Destruct and said he is embracing the opportunity to create perfection rather than rush out new music.
50 believes now more than ever represents an opportunity to drop the new LP on his own timeline.
"I've worked longer on this album than any of my other projects," 50 explained in an interview. "I've had the opportunity to evaluate the things that I created initially, and go back and revamp things and change things around a bi. Both [Eminem] and [Dr.] Dre have had opportunities to critique themselves, when I was always on the shot clock. So this time, I get a chance to really make sure I feel like it's going to be the right music for this time period." (Hit Radio)
The rap star also compare his 2003 platinum-selling Get Rich or Die Tryin' album to the forthcoming LP.
"My material comes from my actual experience," 50 added. "In a lot of ways, the things that I'm saying, it doesn't necessarily reflect my mind state at the time, but my first album had all of the dysfunction that I was being exposed to. It went on to be the largest debuting hip-hop album, selling 12 million records. The task of recreating that came up. So I had to figure out new ways to write things or new portions of my experience to create music based on those things. Now, this album, it's more creative, I feel like, because I've' had to find things away from those things that I've done continuously." (Hit Radio)
Earlier this month, 50 promised to drop his next solo effort in the fall.
"My album should be out in November," 50 promised in an interview. "It's easy. Everybody, they prioritize my projects. When (Interscope Record) don't do things exactly when we had communication about it being done, I get frustrated. Let me be honest with you. They need that record to sell more than I do. Not necessarily that [it's dark over there], it's just the systems itself unless you feel you're going to make a new artist." (Headkrack)
A few weeks ago, 50 contemplated weather or not he would stay with Interscope Records following his final contractual release.
"I don't know," 50 told MTV News when asked if he would ink back with Interscope once his five-album deal was fulfilled. "It will all be clear in the negotiations following me turning this actual album in. And, of course, the performance and how they actually treat the work will determine whether you still want to stay in that position or not...It's not like you're gonna be able to make a project bigger than the actual project is, but if the songs are right and you have full support and you feel that support, why would you want to go anywhere else? If not, if you don't have that support, why would you want to sign to another system? In the financial state that I'm in, you just do it yourself" (MTV)
A confirmed release date has not yet been revealed for the new album.

No comments:

Post a Comment